2012年6月1日星期五

Guerlain Parure de Nuit Pressed Powder & Blush Review, Photos, Swatches

Coach Factory Outlet Online

Guerlain Holiday 2011: Parure de Nuit Pressed Powder & Blush

In the press release, Guerlain recommends sweeping a brush across all the shades for a luminating effect on the face, and for more color, take your brush across the three feathers (the pink-red shapes) diagonally. I did both, and you do get different effects. I saw mostly highlighting with the first one, and with the second technique, I gleaned more color out of the product and saw it on my cheeks as well. It’s not an intensely pigmented palette; you’re not getting in-your-face blush here, and you’re not supposed to. The blusher will show on light to medium complexions, but deeper complexions may find it doesn’t work much as a blusher and purely as an illuminator/highlighter.

The powder is housed in a glossy black palette with a large mirror inside and underneath the powder lies a teal-colored brush (I always forget to look for the brush until I go to actually do a wear test with the product!). The whole compact is encased in a velvet pouch with jewel-toned teal on the inside and black velvet on the outside.

As an illuminator, it highlights without emphasizing pores or flaws on the skin. It adds sheen and glowiness without glitter. It’s very pretty, and yes, I’m sure you have something similar to it. Parure de Nuit is well-done, and it’s what I’ve come to expect from Guerlain. I’m actually more impressed by the subtle reddish-pink color that adds warmth and color without being overwhelming. Because of its soft color, it’s impossible to overdo. Products like these are best when worn; it’s hard to judge the efficacy and look of it from a swatch alone or even a description.  The powder wears well, too, which is one of the more important aspects of a cheek product (at least to me, as I am loathe to reapply anything!)–a solid eight hours when I tested it.


Guerlain Parure de Nuit Pressed Powder & Blush

The Glossover

Guerlain Parure de Nuit Pressed Powder & Blush ($67.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a limited edition is primarily a luminating product, but it can also deposit a faint hint of color on cheeks. It has a peacock-themed design with a good amount of details that actually survive past the first use (or three). The powder has four distinct colors: pale white, bluish-teal, pinked coral-red, and pale peach-beige. It’s subtle, soft, and sheer. I was quite surprised at how well the design stood up to heavy swatching and lots and lots of passes with a brush–all done in hopes of destroying it–and I dug up a bit of the first feather to see if the colors ran all the way through (it appears to be so, and the brand’s description seems to confirm that as well).

没有评论:

发表评论