2012年9月10日星期一

I’d Like to Kiss The Inventor of These MAC P

I’d Like to Kiss The Inventor of These MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencils

Advertisement



mac kiss me quick
Wearing MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss Me Quick

In the summer before my freshman year of high school,Cheap NFL Jerseys, my friend Nancy taught me how to kiss.

I hadn’t had a boyfriend yet but figured I should probably prepare myself before school started, just in case. Nancy, having dated a boy earlier that year, was my closest friend with the appropriate experience, so on our breaks during the algebra class we took together that summer, Nancy dispensed various pearls of kissing wisdom like…

  1. Eat grape lollipops before kissing to freshen the breath (according to Nancy, they worked better than breath mints)
  2. Observe proper gum etiquette (gum should not change owners during a make-out session)
  3. Practice makes perfect

Forget pillows. Nancy recommended making out with your knee or the back of your hand to more accurately assess spit production and refine your technique (Nancy was all about the scientific method; she wanted to be an engineer). I have to admit — the girl was sharp. :)

I hadn’t thought about those old kissing lessons for years until today, when I decided to put the new MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencils ($18 each,louis vuitton purses, part of the upcoming MAC Styledriven collection) to the test.

mac style driven pro longwear lip pencils
Pro Longwear Lip Pencils, $18 U.S./$21.50 CDN

mac style driven pro longwear lip pencils
Pro Longwear Lip Pencils from the left: Staunchly Stylish, Nice ‘N’ Spicy, Morning Coffee, Kiss Me Quick, Bittersweet and Absolutely It

How well would the new long-wearing, non-drying lip pencils hold up to kissing? With El Hub away at work today, there was only one way to find out…

My knee! :) And the back of my hand (for good measure). I tried all six of the 10 shades,Cheap Jerseys, and they barely transferred any of their rich, pigmented color.


Pro Longwear Lip Pencil swatches from the left: Absolutely It, Bittersweet, Kiss Me Quick, Morning Coffee, Nice ‘N’ Spicy and Staunchly Stylish

mac nice n spicy
Nice ‘N’ Spicy

mac bittersweet
Bittersweet

mac morning coffee
Morning Coffee


Staunchly Stylish

mac absolutely it
Absolutely It

MAC also nailed the texture of these pencils,wholesale Jerseys china, as they glide along my lips without skipping or tugging.

They do cost a little more than the $14 Lip Liners in MAC’s permanent collection, but I think they deliver a smoother texture, less drying formula and more pigment, to boot.

You know how much I love practical shades and everyday neutrals,How to Look Your BEST in Pictures, right? Well,Pixi Turned Target Into a Magic Kingdom With the New Disney Pixi PixiGlow Collection, there are several shades here with practical prospects,cheap louis vuitton handbags, like pink Nice ‘N’ Spicy and rosy brown Morning Coffee. But it’s the richer colors, like red Kiss Me Quick and dark brown Bittersweet, that really caught my eye.

I find some bold lip liner colors difficult to control, but the smooth texture of these makes them all easy to wield. If you’ve been wanting to elope with a daring lip liner, you might consider asking these out on a date.

PRICE: $18 each
AVAILABILITY: Coming soon to North American MAC counters, stores and online September 22; internationally some time this month
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+

Smooches!

Speaking of kisses, now this song takes me back… Any other Siouxsie fans out there who still bump it on occasion? :)

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论