2012年4月28日星期六

Throw Some Pink Neon Shapes

,Lady Gaga Headphones

>> I had a bit of a mini-panic attack on my last day of New York as it dawned on me that the Christopher Kane for Topshop collection was launching on the day I was flying back with no time in the day to pop into Topshop (New York or London or otherwise...).  I was just thinking about the first Christopher Kane for Topshop collection where the six eBay mongers rushed in and basically scooped everything up leaving a tumbleweed of neon lace behind.  Then I thought about the press preview for this collection which seemed like eons ago and remembered how GOOOOD it was and how I basically wanted one of everything. 

Turns out of course, I over-fretted.  There's BAGS of stock and furthermore, by the end of London fashion week, I felt like I had seen practically every piece on show goers at least twice over with the croc t-shirt clearly winning the popularity stakes (um... lemme see.... I'd hazard that I saw at least fifty of them milling around Somerset House).  So when I finally did get to Topshop last week, nothing was lacking save for maybe the croc tee in size 8s and 10s.  At the press preview, they said that the neon stuff wasn't being produced and lo and behold here they are in yellow and pink bodies, leggings and lace dresses... naturally I opted for the pink body as I currently have a mild obsession with stabilising the pink with plenty of sheer navy... just need to find more of the sheer navy to keep the pink in check because looking down at it with all those mirrors and rivets can be headache inducing... even for me. 

IMG_2309

IMG_2318

(Christopher Kane for Topshop pink rivetted body worn with American Apparel navy mesh dress, Raf Simons sheer navy trousers and Topman Design belt)

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论