2012年4月29日星期日

Ageless

Picture5xf Egg-citing things are on the horizon and this one bit of egg-citing-ness came a bit earlier than expected.  I'm not sure if it's on the news stands yet as normally London newsagents get things first and I've yet to see it, but anyhow, the July "Ageless Style" issue of British Vogue with Cameron Diaz on the cover is out to subscribers for sure... 

The font on the cover is supposed to be orange, not pale pink as well.

Ok, I'm dithering.  I'm not here to discuss pale pink vs. orange fonts or the merits of Cameron Diaz on the cover. 

TA-DA....I'm in the 'Coming of Age' feature, where, you know the score, someone represents each decades (teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s - no 50s, I don't know why...) and blahs about their style and on this occasion I'm the twenties girl.  Which in my head, sounds like I'm someone from the 1920s - I wish it was to do with modes of time travel.  No,Gucci Long Wallet, no... it's a plain age thing...

Img026 It's quite frightening that there are only a few years before I'm boxed into another decade.  I'm very chuffed though that the twenties in particular is the decade where I've been photographed for such a feature - as it is such a volatile time in general for most people but for me personally,Coach Backpack, it has also been a style whirlwind that has coincided with the development of this blog.  You can just about read the text (written by Aimee Farrell) in the scan here but the basic gist of it is that I'm feeling a lot happier about my style than when I was at school - then again, I suppose as each decade comes about, that self-assuredness builds up even more.  Ask me again in ten or twenty years time as I'm pretty damn sure, nobody is going to be wanting to ask me to be their 40s, 50s poster girl then...

The portrait was shot by the very charming Jason Bell who I hope will be sending me some of the other shots that were taken around my gaff (including one of me hanging off a stunning hidden spiral staircase I never even knew about... trust Vogue to do some excellent location scouting in about five minutes...).  The shot they used was taken outside the Emirates Stadium (Arsenaaaaaal!) so as I was doing it, there were random tourists looking at me like I was a freak as I stood on this electricity box looking petrified (it's preeeety high up... I wouldn't have been able to do it in heels that weren't wedges,Monster Beats Studio Ferrari!).  The graffiti has been cleaned off now. 

Oh, and BIG BIG BIG props to the EUDON CHOI trench that I'm wearing - this ISN'T a Topshop jacket as stated in mag... not sure how that slipped through but apologies to Eudon - the cut and construction of the trench is perhaps a stretch to be Topshop (soz Toppers... !).  Oh and you can't see but the Christopher Kane skirt has those treacherous double thigh-high slits which in the wind, caused some very loud builder's whistles... so apt for my construction-heavy developing area...

Img025

没有评论:

发表评论